Guess what I bought my chickens today?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Cheri, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    A mulberry tree!! I went to my favorite nursery today and told her I wanted a nice shade tree for my chicken yard and she sold me an Umbrella Chinaberry Tree and a Mulberry tree. I spent 79.00 at her place (bought hubby a mimosa tree and a brazos berry vine)! Those chickens better appreciate me!!

2. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    I have a huge mullberry tree in my backyard and they are loving it. I have a few ripe berry just starting to fall. They never seem to leave the tree. I hope your love it too.

3. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Mine is a very immature tree. I hope they like it too.

4. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    I'm sure they'll LOVE that! Your chicks are so much more spoiled than my poor dears... Sounds like so much fun for them.

There is a pre-existing tree in the coop (very scraggly, leaning birch), and I planted some cosmos around the outside.

-Meghan

5. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Weeeeeeeeeell. I only was supposed to get the one tree but darn that woman is good!

6. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    And hubby thought I was bad because I set up a radio for the chicks when they first got here...[​IMG]

7. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Hey don't think I haven't thought about it! [​IMG]

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Spoiled chickens?? Ummm, ok...well...then what are mine!? We have 2 mulberry trees for them....they have a roof vent in the coop, and a window fan...and our favorite country radio station in there for them. I am waiting to go out there one night to a good old barn dance going on! LOL Oh, we also planted a grape harbor....was initially for me...but..they LOVE grapes!

9. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Hm............I have grapes out on the pond. Not producing yet but........I have discovered this vine in front of my house which I am told is a native grape.

Oh and I wanted to put a cieling fan in their coop.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  10. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Mine love mullberries. Its a good thing to. I have 2 very large trees in the yard and lots of smaller ones in tree line on creek. I hope you planted in a good spot. My large trees in yard make an awful mess and 7 hens can't even eat enough berries.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by