Guess what I came home with tonight!! UPDATED WITH PICS!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by technodoll, Nov 29, 2009.

1. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    Went to visit an awesome breeder this afternoon (spent 3 hours there!), he raises and exhibits rare breeds - I was so impressed to see birds in real life that I had only ever heard about or seen on the internet before!

Of course I didn't plan on bringing any girls home, it was only to get some information...

But then he put this gorgeous, sweet as sugar, 6-month old pure white sultan in my arms and I fell in love [​IMG]

She wasn't for sale (he refused to sell her over a dozen times) but felt that she would have the best possible home with me and so that was that! I didn't ask to buy her, she was offered to me. I guess that's what happens when you're super passionate about chickens! LOL!

Oh and she started laying a few weeks ago, too - bonus!

I also brought home a pretty 2-mth old dark brahma pullet, met both her parents and was very impressed (grandpa was a BIS champion, to boot) and will get a couple more from him this spring.

So exciting!

Will post pics tomorrow [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  2. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    ooo awesome! I want to see pics!

3. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] PICTURES! [​IMG]

4. technodoll

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    It was too dark to take pics when I came home but I *promise* to post some tomorrow!

The sultan is soooo pretty! Woo!

And the dark brahma is show quality so she should turn out very pretty too when she's all feathered in!

[​IMG]

5. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats! Sultans are my favorite breed. My girl would rather spend an afternoon of me holding her than free-ranging any day. She's like a baby. I'm glad you were pushy, as I'd love to see pics! [​IMG] Both are awesome breeds.

6. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Awsome congrats on the new birds can't wait to see them. I always manage to come home with something unplanned when I go on a visit. I probably won't again since I am focusing on two breeds now. Congrats I bet they are both beautiful beautiful girls.

Henry

7. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Taht is so neat! Congratulations! Beam us some pics!

8. technodoll

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    Congrats! Sultans are my favorite breed. My girl would rather spend an afternoon of me holding her than free-ranging any day. She's like a baby. I'm glad you were pushy, as I'd love to see pics! smile Both are awesome breeds.

Oh I never even thought I could have her, no way!

But I guess the breeder felt he could trust her with me, it's him that offered her... I couldn't believe it!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hope for some good light tomorrow so I can take pics...

ps: are white sultans a popular breed?​

9. Krodsorin

Krodsorin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2009
    NSW Australia
    no they are pretty rare....
    not many people have them

10. technodoll

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    As promised, here are some pics of the new girls!

First, meet Paloma - 8 week old Dark Brahma girl whose feathers are just growing in!

[​IMG]

Here is miss Coco Chanel, my very sweet 6-mth old Sultan who is apparently already laying:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll get better pics as the girls settle in, they've only been here since last night and are still under shock I think...

Plus they were in very confined spaces, I think they will just blossom here - can't wait to see them grow into glossy beauties!

Thanks for looking! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by