guess what i found out about express mail!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by therealsilkiechick, Nov 10, 2008.

1. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i'm posting this here cuz i think more people will see it and i hope it is alright.

my pigeons i got shipped in a few days ago came shipped by express mail. they came in late and took 2 days or 2.5 days to get here. i went to mail showgirl eggs out today and the postal worker asked me if they were doa or ok and i said fine, no probs all r doing great.

she said u make sure u inquire about a full refund for ship that the $47 something shipping is owed to whoever paid to have it shipped. i said what she said yes mam express is garonteed over night deliver and it was late the postal service where shipped owes a total refund for shipping. she said to contact the breeder for my refund since i was the one that paid it.

so wanted u all to know if u use express for hatching eggs or birds and that happens to u, they owe u a refund also. i didn't know this and i wonder how many others don't know it either so wanted to pass it along just incase. i notified the seller so we shall see what happens.
    silkie

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I know. Took 3 days for my overnight Express pkg. We did get a refund.

3. junebug7334

junebug7334 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    I am a bit confused. I am expecting birds from Express mail. They will be shipped Wed from Texas to central VA. What are you saying? Thanks!

4. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    She is saying that if you ship something "Express" and it does not arrive within the promised time period, you are owed a refund.

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Actually, it depends on what the clerk says when you ship them. They gurantee one day to some places, two days to other places. If it arrives in more time than they tell you when you ship, you do get a refund. It takes two days for me to ship Express from here to most places.

Express is the only one that you'll get refunded for because it's the only one that gurantees it within a specific time frame.

6. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    mine came from tx to pa and they were suppost to be here next day by express mail and were not. they came in late (like a day day and a half late)so the post office is responsible to refund total amount on the box i paid for shipping because express is garonteed over night delivery and it was not.

hope that made sence,lol.

7. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    You have to take your receipt to the office you mailed the birds from and they will check the tracking number and verify if it was late, then they issue a refund.

When you ship express it will say on the label if it is next day by noon, by three or the two days, etc.

8. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    the reciept on the boxes says next day delivery. my understanding of what she told me the 3 times i was in was all express is garonteed delivery next day anything over that they were required to do the refunds.

according to the info i typed in on usps website, they were to be delivered here by 3pm the next day. they did not arrive to the post office till the next day and called me at 6 something am for pickup. 45 min later they were delivered they were there about 25 min before a call to pick them up was made.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  9. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Quote:She's wrong, but in your case it sounds like it's correct. Not all Express is guranteed next day delivery, though.

10. junebug7334

junebug7334 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Okay, Okay so If I am getting some birds from Texas-shipped Wed.
    then I should get them Thurs? in Va?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by