guess what my baby is.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bturbo87, Jul 9, 2010.

1. bturbo87

bturbo87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    south
    so roughly 21 days ago i stuck a random egg under our silkie that had gone broody just to keep her happy thinking that it wasnt fertilized since our only rooster was such a small guy, i didnt think he could get all the parts together to get the job done. heres daddy, hes a cornish game
    [​IMG]

heres baby
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now mommy is the problem there is a choice of 4 chickens, 3 breeds. 30 cool points to whoever figures out who momma is.
    Dominiques
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RI white...(we think)
    [​IMG]

Silver Laced Wyandotte
    [​IMG]

so.....who is the mommy part of my little mutt chicken?????

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    The silkie or the white one.

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:X2

4. cterbizan

cterbizan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Well I guess it is our white one because the silkie is just playing mommy. The baby is from a brown egg. So I am going to say we should wait a couple of week and find out the feathering pattern and colors. YAY!!!!!

5. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    The RI white and I am guessing that you have another rooster now. [​IMG]

6. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    The mom is definitly not the dominigue or the chick would be a black sexlink.

So now that leaves the RIW and the SLW. Both of which will produce Red Sexlinks when mated to a dark cornish rooster.

But the chick is Red and White, if the mom was the SLW, the chicks would be red and black more like a golden laced color since the daddy was golden double laced and the mom would be silver laced, and breeding laced to laced will produce laced chicks and breeding a gold roo to the silver hen would produce pure gold gene pullets so that chick woudl look like a golden laced chick if the SLW was the mom, but she is red and white not red and black so the SLW is not the mom.

The RIW hen would be the mom. Being that she is dominant white and has silver genes, she would produce, when mated with a gold rooster, she would produce female chicks that are red, with any black from the father being masked by dominant white.

So the RIW is the mother.

Here are my sexlinks that I made with my RIWs, the pullet is one the left and has a similar pattern as yours.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by