1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Guess what? RAINING in Seattle!! (no way!)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JennsPeeps, Nov 6, 2008.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Can you send some my way and i will send you the sun?

3. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I was so ready for the rains to start, but now after the zillionth straight day and more as far as the eye can see, it's getting old!

4. aiwetir

aiwetir Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    portland, or
    yep that's how it works. too dry if it don't rain too rainy if it rains

5. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    We're supposed to get solid rain for the next 5 days!! All the rivers are at flood stage.

Driving home from the ballet last night was so treacherous. It was awful: hydroplaning & low visibility. Saw on the news this morning that a semi had an accident where we had passed just 3 hours prior. Scary stuff, huh?

I'm feeling really random today. Guess this new thread category is perfect for me.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  6. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    I'm feeling really random today. Guess this new thread category is perfect for me.

me too. We're supposed to put up our shed coop this weekend - cross your feeners we don't get rained on!​

7. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    We haven't had rain is so long I'm beginning to forget what it's like. Our weather goes from one extreme to the other...we either get no rain for months or it rains nonstop for months.

8. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:I thnk it's supposed to let up a bit this weekend but jsut saw on the news that Tacoma has gotten 3.47 inches of rain!

9. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

I think I'd rather have rain [which we too have] than the snow that fell in the Dakotas FEET!!!! [​IMG]

10. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    The first rains are always a huge treat in my opinion, but by about now (with the rain barrels full and the grass greening up again) I'm more thinking about how I prefer not getting quite so wet when I'm out doing chores. [​IMG]

But my ducks just love it, so I enjoy it by watching them acting all goofy over puddles and flooded up worms.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by