Guess What We Found a Few Mintues Ago

whitecra

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Oklahoma
My son and I was going to town and just down the street from our house was a chicken in the road. We stopped and my son caught it. It is a young white top black polish hen. We took her home. I have no idea where she belongs. She is in our dogs carrier in the garage now. We are going to watch her and make sure she is ok before we put in with the rest of the chickens. She was hungry.
Chris

Poor dear. Thank you for rescuing her!
hugs.gif

Was she near any houses of folks who might have chickens?
JJ

Quote:
There is a house set back off the road. One of my sons friends lives there and he said they don't have any chickens. I was afraid if we didn't get her that she would get hit by a car. She is very pretty.
Chris

Quote:
Thank goodness!

So many people think a few days is enough to know if a bird is a carrier of disease and that is usually what gets them in trouble.

I always try to remind people.
smile.png

Quote:
Thank goodness!

So many people think a few days is enough to know if a bird is a carrier of disease and that is usually what gets them in trouble.

I always try to remind people.
smile.png

Thanks for the reminders.
Chris

You've done such a good thing. Why did the chicken cross the road? So a compassionate person could see her and help her!

I've never found a chicken in the road but almost all the chickens that have been in my life have shown up "on my doorstep". Began happening in the mid 90's. I'm in a residential neighborhood. It's crazy!
JJ

It is crazy. I just couldn't leave her there. I am not sure if she is a bantam or standard. She is young. I am hoping standard since we have a golden laced roo and hen already. I didn't want to mix the polish but I will if I have too.
Chris

Here's an update on our find. She is doing good. So far there is no signs that she is sick. She can hear the other chickens and wants to be with them so bad. I told her she has to wait. She is really pretty. I just thought I would give an update on what is going on with her.
Chris

Back
Top Bottom