Guess what we found in the chicken run *UPDATE*

Redfeathers

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
Gervais OR
A young pied Cockatiel! She was just sitting on a perch along with the chickens. They didn't seem to mind her being there at all. I think she's hand fed, she is very tame and sweet. I'm trying to find her rightful owner, but if we can't I think we will keep her. Talk about a surprise though. It was really hot and she was pretty weak but seems to be perking up nicely.

Last edited:
About a hundred people are going to reply and tell you to make sure that bird isn't sick, and to keep it away from your chickens until you know it's healthy.

I'm glad the birdy found a good home!
smile.png

Here is a picture of her/him coming over to me when I opened the door. We have it in a wire dog crate until the owner is found.

Picture486.jpg

AWE! How very sweet - and what an interesting find! Hope you find her owner, if they're missing her. If not, then I bet she found a wonderful home!
big_smile.png

To my non-professional eye, that looks like a very young bird.

Probably someone got him/her from the petstore and thought it'd be nice to put birdy out on the porch for some fresh air.

They are quite clever at opening cages...
roll.png

I have a budgie (parakeet) that we found in a similar way about 3 or 4 years ago!

If you can't find the rightful owners, I hope you enjoy her!

My son and 2 nephews once came home from walking around the block in our neighborhood with a white budgie. It was very weak and easy to catch. After a night in a cage with food and water, it was fiesty!

Back
Top Bottom