Guess what???

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Tanichca, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    So, I went to the doctor today, because of all the pain in my wrists/hands. And guess what I found out?
    The bones in my wrists are misshapen, as well as too far apart. This causes pain, of course. The ligaments and muscles in my hands are unnaturally loose, which causes the bones to shift, also causing pain. This condition is also in my knees, which explains why I trip so much: my knees bend inward to keep themselves from breaking!
    And guess what else? This condition is incurable, and hereditary. So pretty much, i will struggle with it until the day I die, and my kids will too. Not at all the kind of thing one wants to hear when one isn't even a sophomore in high school...
    On the bright side, at least I'm still alive, eh?
    [​IMG]

2. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Songster

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    I am sorry for the bad news that you got today. I too struggle with Several incurable conditions.... And while it is really a pain literally) it will only make you stronger.
    There are a lot of programs out there that can help you deal with pain issues naturally...trust me...I have researches A LOT.

And as far as it being hereditary....It does not mean that your kids Will get it.......The best thing for them is to test early, so that if they do have it, you can treat the symptoms (treatment, braces, pain management) early, in hopes that it will not progress as far.

God Bless and Best Wishes,
    Laura

3. ben is a terror

ben is a terror Songster

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    What a strong young woman you are!!!! I love your way of looking at this. I've had cancer twice and also suffer from an hereditary illness. I'm still here too. i made one Huge mistake I blamed GOD and thought it was a punishment.. Don't fall into this trap. The enemy loves to take advantage of us at these times. My girls were tested for the cancer gene and don't have it . THANK GOD [​IMG] Turn to all the folks who love you I'm sure there is a ton! I know the thought of the future and what it holds is prob. pretty scarey. You can fight this. Don't be afraid to try all avenues of treatment there are so many. I've figured that God must have a plan for me. I just don't know what it is yet.
    I'm sending you so much love and support [​IMG]
    Remember we are here
    PM me if you want
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ginny

4. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Quote:Is she not? There's a reason she's one of my favorite people on God's green earth.

5. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Songster

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Quote:Everyone of us that has gone through a hard time are hear as God's plan to help others in need and to be a support that anyone can count on !!!!! From one who has been there (and is still there) to another......We must stay together and help others that have not found the light yet !

I am here for ANY of you all that may need a something to lean on or a shoulder to cry on....

God Bless,

Laura [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Is there anything they can give you for some relief?? You poor thing [​IMG]

7. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Quote:Is she not? There's a reason she's one of my favorite people on God's green earth.

I'm flattered now...
    As for everyone else: thanks. [​IMG] I know its my cross to bear, i hope to bear it well. Just keep praying for me.
    Debi: They suggested quadruple-dosing on advil when the pain gets bad, but there is nothing that can ever fully cure this.

8. debilorrah

I'm flattered now...
    As for everyone else: thanks. [​IMG] I know its my cross to bear, i hope to bear it well. Just keep praying for me.
    Debi: They suggested quadruple-dosing on advil when the pain gets bad, but there is nothing that can ever fully cure this.

Watch out with advil - too much of that stuff will tear up your stomach. You are an inspiration to the young people here.

9. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    I know, im very careful with medication.
    I'm no inspiration, i havent done anything worthwhile yet [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

Quote:You have accepted what many would be grieving over. You are handling a bad situation with acceptance and grace.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by