Guess who got quail and barnwood? :) *pics*

Discussion in 'Quail' started by itsy, Nov 6, 2011.

1. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    I did! [​IMG]

My guy and I recently moved to NY state. It's beautiful here and I can have all the quail my little heart desires! The day before yesterday, we answered a CL ad for "free barn wood" and drove about 2 hours north to pick it up. It was worth the drive. We pulled out all the heavy doors, got tons more wood, plywood he didn't want, brand new shingles, drip edge and tar paper. We're thinking of going back for more! He also asked me if I wanted an outdoor table he used, that was also made out of the barn wood. The thing must weigh over 100lbs. I don't know if it could be converted into a quail pen, but I'm sure I have enough wood on the truck to make the chicken coop I need plus more for the quail.

Then... yesterday, I met up with BYCer "In His Service" at a swap about an hour and a few east of here...where I purchased 8 of her quail that she hatched from eggs from another bycer! I'm soooo excited! I can't wait to finally get some eggs from you guys and start some hatching!

Here's what the back of the truck looks like right now:

[​IMG]

Think I can use that table for quail, or should I just keep it as a garden table?

[​IMG]

Here are the quail! I'm going to try my hand at sexing them soon....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Well already the speckled breast on the browns are female [​IMG] congrats on your new additions and barnwood!!!! Wahooooo!

3. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    Thanks, quaillady!

There are two with white on the chest and I think they might be tuxedo? Unless they're just brown with a spot of white. Well... we saw one of those mount the other one, so we can guess on that!

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    So you finally took the quail plunge! Gorgeous birds Itsy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by