Guess who is going camping this weekend?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by SuperDuck, Oct 17, 2019.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck Songster

Mar 28, 2018
    Los Banos, Ca
    Chuck and Buck! We will be taking the RV out to a friend's property to have a weekend-long going away party. Duck sitters aren't popular here.... and the boys prefer going bye bye so we will be packing up and heading out! They'll be so excited once they find out :).

I mean, I could tell them now but they would only respond with a quack and a poop. And why ruin the surprise?

Attached Files:

2. Callender Girl

Callender Girl Crowing

Sep 18, 2018
    North Central Iowa
    Why indeed?

Dottie, the lone chick who is still being brooded indoors because she's not fully feathered, just did a weekend road trip with me. I had a critter sitter who adores poultry and took care of everyone else, but Dottie is pretty attached to me. So, Dottie and I packed her tote and took off.

When I stopped at a Tractor Supply along the route to buy -- what else? -- poultry supplies, two clerks followed me out of the store to my car just to see if I was telling the truth about my traveling companion.

Hope your boys enjoy their trip. Dottie decided to peck the face of my sister's cat and pooped in the kitchen. I'm not sure she -- or I -- will be invited back soon. lol.

so lucky, DuckyDonna, KaleIAm and 5 others like this.
  3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck Songster

Mar 28, 2018
    Los Banos, Ca
    We take the boys RV camping a few times a year. We make sure the campgrounds are pet friendly but they always give us weird looks when we tell them Chuck and Buck aren't your normal cat or dog. They're houseducks and they're friendly. Then when we show up everyone is in our campground playing with them.

4. LilyLoo

LilyLoo Songster

Sep 15, 2018
    Arizona
    We love your Chuck and Buck outings, so much fun. Cant wait for updates. Lily and Loo are not friendly or sociable lol . Hope you all have a great time.
    :pop

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck Songster

Mar 28, 2018
    Los Banos, Ca
    Should be a fun outing. My husband has been away for five weeks for work so it will be good for me to be able to be somewhere fun and make him 100% responsible for all things that require responsibility while I veg out and do nada except watch the boys do comical things. Even if it's just for an hour or so before some kid yells MOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Ephesians 6:13

Hope we get to see lots of pics!!

7. quackiemama

quackiemama Free Ranging

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    I love Chuck and Buck's adventures! Keep the pics coming!

8. Kiki

Kiki Quail Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    :pop

Callender Girl and DuckyDonna like this.
  9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck Songster

Mar 28, 2018
    Los Banos, Ca
    No worries. I always get more pictures of the boys than I do my kids.

10. quackiemama

quackiemama Free Ranging

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    It is embarrassing when you are going through your phone looking for a pic and all you see are ducks. :oops:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: