Guess who just got summore chicks!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by LeafLover, Sep 13, 2011.

1. LeafLover

LeafLover Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    Tennessee
    We went to the fair looking for a White Silkie.. and we ended up with two Silkies ( Not sure on the kinds ) and what they called a "Booted Non-Bearded Mille Fleur" Pullet.

I picked out the ugliest ones, and I can't wait for them to fill in! ( let the record show i deliberately picked out the misfits. )

Will get some pics up soon!

2. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Fun! My hen is hatching chicks.

I would have picked out the pretty ones! Put it seems like the uglys are always sweet.

3. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Awesome! I want some silkies sooo bad!! Good for you picking out the misfits!! [​IMG]

4. LeafLover

Jun 16, 2011
    Tennessee
    I felt sorry for them... I could've gotten the pretties, but I just felt that these guys wouldn't find a home cause of their appearance. They're funny, and I'm sure they'll be gorgeous once they fill in!
    Pix as promised-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the bad pix, I'm outta batteries for my camera...so I got to bring the phone's camera out.
    The Mille Fleur is missing quite a few feathers on her bottom and neck...but she's sweet and tiny!
    They're in here till I get them used to us.

5. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    aaawwwww [​IMG]

6. LeafLover

Jun 16, 2011
    Tennessee
    Any thoughts on what the little ones are? They didn't have an ID...

It's pretty cold here... I went outside and covered the cage up with blankets, put a heat light over them, gave them fresh food and water, and they're asleep [​IMG]

7. LeafLover

Jun 16, 2011
    Tennessee
    Well, got some sad news.... The little black one died last night [​IMG]

The white one is starting to really fill in, and the other is a feisty little thing. We put them in a big cage in the yard, and they loved all the grass!

8. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    So sorry about your little one [​IMG]

9. ChickensXOXO

ChickensXOXO Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    The Carolinas
    So sorry to hear about the black one, but I'm glad you have the other two.
    Maybe now they can fill out and be happy.

10. LeafLover

Jun 16, 2011
    Tennessee
    Thanks guys.

The little white Silkie is sweet as can be... and it even fell asleep in my hands today.
    The other one... well, she needs to step off her high horse.. I went to feed them today, and she bit the crap out of me 5 times, and flared at me and got all crazy.. I don't know what her problem is... She just better not act aggressively towards the Silkie, or I'll be finding her a new home...
    How do you tame an aggressive chicken? I didn't see an egg anywhere or anything...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by