Guess Who's Baaaccckkk?????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by conny63malies, Jan 14, 2010.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Its ME. For the folks who knew me last year. I had to sell all my chickens and ducks becaused my army hubby moved us onto a army post(Fort Riley Ks)
    I had to pack them all up and drive them to the auction. I got anywhere from a buck for a muscovy duckling on a bad day to 63$!!!! for a scovy mom and three older babies(1m,3f) on a awesome day. I also had to give my pit-mix up because of the on post rules. So for now my pets are a little brown dapple wienerdog girl and a lazy red tick Basset hound puppy, a half blind cat and two Bettas. Cant have no chickens couldnt even take my tiny little 8oz Serama cockerel with me, he went with his three ladies. Which are a self blue dutch a cream light brown dutch and a white showgirl.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back girlie!!!!!!! How has life been treating you?????

3. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Besides the fact i lost my poultry good. Its freaking cold out here in KS. Its blowing like 30-40mph half the time.
    THe kids love the safety of living on post and school is close that they see it from the kidsroom window. I can walk almost everywhere.
    NOw i just have to find a farm nearby to cure my duck and chicken egg fix.

Christmas we had a blizzard. DH deceided to dress up as Santa on the 24th at 10pm and run around the house in the storm. Neighbor (34M)looked outside and saw Santa Clause .He yells at his wife "I just SAnta in the yard" By the time she comes my hubby was gone. We had a good laugh.
    Anyways since i cant have chickens i am thinking about breaking the incubator out in the spring and incubate a few of those button quail as pets.

4. debilorrah

Connie I have missed you!!!! I am very glad you are back. Stick around!!!!

5. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I will.I got plenty of time now that all 300 boxes are unpacked

6. debilorrah

Quote:I am soo glad to see you back!!! I know I am repeating myself, but we had some really good conversations!

7. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Welcome back.

8. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    [​IMG]

9. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Welcome back. I don't know you, but [​IMG]

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Welcome back! Too bad about the chickens. Hope everything works out for you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by