Guess who's broody for the first time!

kari_dawn

Songster
10 Years
Nov 2, 2009
North Texas
You can kindof tell by the expresson on her face that she isn't quite sure why she is doing what she is doing, but I have removed all the ceramic eggs out of the nest box, and I have taken her out of there twice today...she is now sitting on air...I am SO tempted to find her some fertile eggs to sit on!!!

Last edited:
OMG, I have that chicken's twin here.. and she is ALWAYS broody.. She raised up four sets of babies last year and would have raised more if I had let her. =)

Here she is last year giving me a major stink eye:

Last edited:
She looks REALLY determined. I'd get her some eggs. Nothing sweeter than a broody with chicks.
love.gif

She looks REALLY determined.  I'd get her some eggs.  Nothing sweeter than a broody with chicks. :love

I am so tempted! I actually checked craigslist for hatching eggs today but they are all very expensive and quite far away...I wouldn't have a problem with either of those things if I knew she would hatch and be a good mommy to those babies!

They are beautiful - what breed are they? I want one, or two...:love

Candi is a splash phase blue laced red wyandotte from MPC :-D I have five from them, and most of them are more orange-y than she is...she definately has the best coloration out of the group.

Last edited:
Very beautiful! And grimly determined to do...whatever it is she's doing.... : ))

She does look rather grimmly determined, doesn't she? I really would love to put some fertile eggs under her! I checked on her as soon as I got home (and found that the coop had been left opened...lost three girls to something :( had to go search for them with a flashlight...found all three decapitated, and not one was even consumed. Im sad and really mad about it), and she was right back up on that nest...with someone else's egg under her.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom