Guess why I'm awake?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by eenie114, Nov 6, 2011.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

I'll give you a hint... She starts with an "M" and ends with an "E". Give up?
    M-A-Z-I-E. [​IMG]

Woke up about 15 minutes ago because she was screaming bloody murder for no apparent reason (we're thinking a nightmare) and wouldn't calm down. I'm pretty sure if she knew how she would have cussed out my mom and I until she turned blue. [​IMG]
    So she needed "water-ice," and I had to be the one to get it. It was not acceptable for it to be given to her by Mom. And then she wanted a Cookie Monster story. So here we are, downstairs AFTER the story, watching The Little Mermaid II.

I can't find the melatonin. [​IMG]

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    She had what is called a night terror. It is similar to nightmares. Miss Maize trusts you, and know that you are going to be there for her all the time. I hope you can sleep soon. [​IMG] that's for Maize and this is for you [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. eenie114

Quote:That sounds plausible, considering that for a while she didn't seem to recognize me. [​IMG]

Well, technically I'm in the other room, but I can still see her. [​IMG] That's me, the devoted slave. [​IMG]
    Thanks. I'll pass on hers when she's less ready to kill everyone. [​IMG]

4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    You may want to google night terrors in your children. It is a faze that some children go through.

5. eenie114

Quote:Doing that now. Looks like you have another successful diagnosis. It's not the first time it's happened, either.
    Thanks for the info. [​IMG]

6. eenie114

Guess who's watching Tangled? [​IMG] I've dozed on the couch while she has gone through... *thinks* Barbie Maraposa, Beauty and The Beast, Little Mermaid II twice, and I think one more that I am so exhausted I can't remember it.
    After every movie: "Okay, time to go ni-night with Mommy now."
    "*Horrified tears* No! [​IMG] Stay a Nenny on da couch! I bewwy sad!"

Every now and again she'll start crying again and say she's scared. [​IMG]

7. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Gosh, Eenie. I can't imagine why you're not thrilled at the prospect of another sibling. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by