Guesses Anyone??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Kimmi500, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Kimmi500

Kimmi500 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Fredericksburg, VA
    I received two mystery eggs with my order of Isbars. Both eggs were dark chocolate brown. I believe the black chick is a Black Copper Marans, as it has little feathered legs. The bigger white chick, I have no idea. It has two patches of black on it, and clean legs. I asked the breeder what it could be and she told me it could be either a Marans, Gold Laced Wyandotte, or Barnvelder. Both eggs looked identical, I didn't think GLW eggs were that dark. So, any thoughts anyone? Thanks!!
    [​IMG]

2. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Did they have blue marans? Could be a splash chick. Barnevelders are chipmonk-esqe colored.

3. Kimmi500

Apr 3, 2012
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Hi,
    She does have Marans, but I don't know what colors. I thought maybe a Splash as well, but I didn't know if Marans came in Splash, and this chick has clean legs. I know very little about Marans.
    Thanks!!
    Kim

4. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Well if they have blue marans, you can get black, blue, and/or splash when breeding them together. You didnt say what color marans they had.

5. Kimmi500

Apr 3, 2012
    Fredericksburg, VA
    I don't know what colors she has. She never said. I will have to ask her again.
    Thanks

6. ChickenExtreme

ChickenExtreme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2012
    Leg coloring isn't quit right and it's to light in the chest, maybe Black Langshan?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by