Guesses or hints (before laying or crowing) of polish chicks!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by nat1981, Dec 4, 2013.

1. nat1981

nat1981 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    My cute polish bantam babies were born November 13th - 16th (day 21-24).
    I'd really appreciate some tips on sexing (before they're at age to lay eggs or crow!!) they're 3 weeks old today..here they r!

[​IMG]
    1 - This was the 1st born! - I'm leaning towards 'pullet' cause this one dives at my diamond ring ;-)

[​IMG]
    2 - This cutie had splayed leg, treatment (vet wrap) cured it in 5 days, could never tell now!

[​IMG]
    3 - No idea on this one, just too dang cute!

[​IMG]
    4 - Unsure with this cutie too

[​IMG]
    5 - 'Brutus' - dubbed this from how 'he' picked on the next one when my brinsea brooder stopped heating n transferred them to a globe. The bully has calmed since switching to a lower wattage globe now..

And now the frizzles of the hatch...

[​IMG]
    6 - The recipient of 'Brutus's bullying'. Leaning towards boy (cause that's the only one that Brutus picked on n would try to get some back too!) most of this ones crest feathers were 'plucked' by Brutus.

[​IMG]
    7 - No idea on this one!

[​IMG]
    8 - 'Tinkerbell'...the teeniest one of them all. This one pipped wrong end n no progress on day 23 for 24hrs..I thought it was dead, was 'eggtopsing' it when it moved once I had removed 2/3 of the shell! Now thriving, no health problems now (was a 'mushy' chick). Tinkerbell is 'behind' in feathering Vs the rest, and 1/3 smaller than the rest too.

So any guesses and reasoning to boy/girl would be greatly appreciated!

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Still to early to tell. I raise polish and I think their one of hardest breeds to tell the sex on when their chicks until their head feathers grow in more.

3. FrozenFeathers

FrozenFeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2013
    Dryden, MI
    I agree! Too early to tell. Sometimes I am surprised when a "he" starts laying eggs or vice versa! LOL

4. nat1981

nat1981 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    I'm too impatient! Thanks for the input folks!
    At least there is only 8!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by