Guessing my demons sex (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Hinotori, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Well my four little silkie x EE cross chicks are just on 7 weeks now. I spent an hour trying to get good pics and this was the best I could do. They are convinced I'm going to eat them and run. I could not get a good pic of most of them face on unfortunately. Sorry for any blurriness, they kept moving.

Baby 1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Baby 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Baby 3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Baby 4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think the last two are boys. Their combs are broader and have more color. And that red coming in has me suspicious.

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    1st 2 look like pullets the last 2 cockreals

3. shanshan51

shanshan51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    Crazy those look identical to my Silkie x Cochins in color! I love that redish they have

4. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Quote:x2

5. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois

x3

6. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    I see everyone thinks along the way I do on them. I've just not had chickens (or enough chicks) long enough to be certain and keep second guessing myself.

I really thought number 1 was going to be a cockerel for the longest time because it was so light. There has been no other color coming in, though. Is actually losing the baby feathers that had a bit of speckles on them and turning blonde. Number 2 acts like a pullet. It's the only one I'm certain on. That red on numbers 3 & 4 was screaming boy. They are so skittish right now. I'm hoping they turn out to be good boys.

We have to many girls for my little silkie cockerel to handle. He's always trying to break up fights and take care of them all. He gets so upset when the girls break off into several groups. He really needs some help.

7. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    The first two are girls, the last two are boys. Yup, that red on the wings is a dead giveaway. [​IMG]

8. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Pullet, pullet, cockerel, cockerel. [​IMG]

9. x4

x3

10. Jchantecler

Jchantecler Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Look at the leg thickness and comb size.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by