Guide dog puppies and chickens....

ThinkingChickens

Songster
8 Years
Feb 18, 2011
My husband and I are puppy raiser for Guide Dogs of America. Moxie, our current puppy, is learning to ignore the chickens and he's doing a good job. Here is a photo we snapped last night for his sponsor. Moxie is an 11 month old lab and if he can do it, so can other dogs! Ha ha. We also have a Golden Retriever (soon to be therapy dog) and a Jack Russell/Boston Mix who all interact with our flock.

Moxie, guide dog puppy and Mabel our chicken by Raven Wren Designs, on Flickr

thumbsup.gif
Good job Moxie!

Great job... beautiful dog.

Neither of my dogs bother my chickens... I have a Beagle/Lab mix and a Cocker Spaniel. Indy (B/L mix) is 7 years old... we introduced the chickens 2 years ago. At first she like to chase them, but now she just ignores them, or cleans up after them (
sickbyc.gif
)... Ferrabi (CS) is 14 years old and just plain ignores them.

I am very lucky to have harmony in my household...

D

I have a Yellow Lab and a Border Collie - so I can, say, you do know what you are doing! What a cute picture!! Our picture would be quite different!
jumpy.gif

My picture would likely not have a breathing chicken in it
sad.png

My dogs have such a high prey drive, all they see is food. And what a 95lb Ridgeback wants to do, a 95lb Ridgeback WILL do!

Last edited:
My dogs would NEVER be like that!! If you think they could..... HA! Your TOO funny!!!! If we had a 50 lb. bag of dog food (or any type of food. even bugs), they would the WHOLE thing, with some CHICKEN wings and CHICKEN breast on the side........ Wait no, I meant the WHOLE chicken...
roll.png
gig.gif

PS Above includes....... - Dog, rabbit, bird, chicken food and etc. etc.

and rabbit poop.......... ugh

But don't worry. We don't let them. They are just plain.... umm.... I don't know the word....
lol.png

Last edited:
Aww, you guys are too funny! Send your dogs over to doggy boot camp. I always like a good challenge. =0)

Back
Top Bottom