Guide dog puppies and chickens....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ThinkingChickens, Aug 2, 2011.

1. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    My husband and I are puppy raiser for Guide Dogs of America. Moxie, our current puppy, is learning to ignore the chickens and he's doing a good job. Here is a photo we snapped last night for his sponsor. Moxie is an 11 month old lab and if he can do it, so can other dogs! Ha ha. We also have a Golden Retriever (soon to be therapy dog) and a Jack Russell/Boston Mix who all interact with our flock.

[​IMG]
    Moxie, guide dog puppy and Mabel our chicken by Raven Wren Designs, on Flickr

2. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    [​IMG] Good job Moxie!

3. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Great job... beautiful dog.

Neither of my dogs bother my chickens... I have a Beagle/Lab mix and a Cocker Spaniel. Indy (B/L mix) is 7 years old... we introduced the chickens 2 years ago. At first she like to chase them, but now she just ignores them, or cleans up after them ([​IMG])... Ferrabi (CS) is 14 years old and just plain ignores them.

I am very lucky to have harmony in my household...

D

4. Karen 2739

Karen 2739 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2010
    San Diego
    I have a Yellow Lab and a Border Collie - so I can, say, you do know what you are doing! What a cute picture!! Our picture would be quite different! [​IMG]

5. coreybee

coreybee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Nottingham, PA
    My picture would likely not have a breathing chicken in it [​IMG]

My dogs have such a high prey drive, all they see is food. And what a 95lb Ridgeback wants to do, a 95lb Ridgeback WILL do!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  6. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:x2

7. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    My dogs would NEVER be like that!! If you think they could..... HA! Your TOO funny!!!! If we had a 50 lb. bag of dog food (or any type of food. even bugs), they would the WHOLE thing, with some CHICKEN wings and CHICKEN breast on the side........ Wait no, I meant the WHOLE chicken... [​IMG] [​IMG]

PS Above includes....... - Dog, rabbit, bird, chicken food and etc. etc.

and rabbit poop.......... ugh

But don't worry. We don't let them. They are just plain.... umm.... I don't know the word.... [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  8. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Aww, you guys are too funny! Send your dogs over to doggy boot camp. I always like a good challenge. =0)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by