Guilty: Chicks stuck at post office till afternoon

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by below_gravity, May 19, 2009.

1. below_gravity

below_gravity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Jutland, New Jersey
    This is one of my first posts here. My chicks were suposed to come in yesterday and they didn't. I got a call from the post office at 7am (as a pulled into work) that they have them (YAY!) but, im stuck at work at least till noon (and I work 40 miles away from home/post office). I feel SUPER GUILTY [​IMG] I asked that they keep them in a warmer place till I can get there. I hope the babies are OK!!! As soon as I get them home I will get them food, and more importantly water.

What a bad way to get things started!

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:Trust me, the PO feels worse than you do that you can't pick them up until noon. They just LOVE hearing CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP all morning long.

They will be SO HAPPY to see you pick them up!

3. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Sent you a pm

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] It'll be OK... Life happens can;t always plan two steps ahead... Let us know how they are doing...

5. below_gravity

Apr 2, 2009
    Jutland, New Jersey
    Thanks for the posts guys! I feel bad for the poor little guys/gals! But, they only have 4 hours to wait for me.

(They guy at the post office didn't seem thrilled when I said I couldn't get there till noon. [​IMG] )

6. fuzz

fuzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2007
    Ohio
    Aw! Thats why I was so relieved I ordered them through town & country store. When I got there to pick up my chicks they were already in a brooder with feed, water, and a heat lamp. As chirpy as can be.

Not much longer now!

7. below_gravity

Apr 2, 2009
    Jutland, New Jersey
    Here are the lovely ladies safe and sound just out of the box. Im about to call Ideal. There was supposed to be 9 more "filler chicks" that are MIA. At least I got the 16 I ordered I suppose.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    Nice big brooder you got there and two lights in case one goes out.

Good luck with your little ones.

9. countrybum

countrybum Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    area pop. 96
    [​IMG] [​IMG] At least they all look safe and sound. I bet they were happy to get out of that box. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. cariboujaguar

cariboujaguar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    Mississippi
    beautiful little gals! Glad everythign worked out! I dont' think they gurantee packing peanuts, if the weather is nice they dont' always put them in... but I'm not positive

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by