Guinea behavior...

secuono

Crowing
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Virginia
So, my 5 have been jumping up on the well house roof and calling out like they've lost their noodles. Why are they doing this? It's more annoying than anything, since they could jump down to the duck side and then to the dogs = dead birds.
300180_253728587993990_100000705527207_848552_3026485_n.jpg

Mine get on the shed and scream bloody murder for no appartent reason. I think they just like to hear themselves talk. But I also think it's normal guinea behavior because when I walk away like it's nothing they stop yelling and get down off the shed and go about their own business.

I thought they flew up on something high like that in the evenings and called out so any other Guineas within a few miles could hear them calling and come join the flock. It sounds like they are announcing the best flock party around.
big_smile.png

It's sort of anybodies guess but I would be looking around the area to see if there is a nest they're bragging about. Check under any bushes or behind boards.

I've already realized this is normal and that Guineas are...special...lol. I was just wondering if others did this and if anyone knew why.
They are very dramatic about everything, always need to be near each other and a fence between them is just torture.

LOL welcome to yet another one of the joys of Guineas. Yup, lost their noodles sums it up nicely
lau.gif

Usually here it's the males that do it most often, annoucing that they have discovered the newest best vantage point (even tho they were up there yesterday), and they are telling everybody what they see (again)
roll.png

When I get sick of listening to it... I get the hose
lol.png

I was ignoring mine chi chi-ing up a storm yesterday only to discover they were having fits over a hawk and had let all the chicken know. Maybe I have been ignoring them too much lately!

Back
Top Bottom