Guinea eggs hatching!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by morninggloryhatchery, Aug 5, 2009.

1. morninggloryhatchery

morninggloryhatchery Songster

Jun 24, 2009
    Wasilla
    I have 13 eggs in a friends incubator and about 5 or 6 have started to pip. on day 29. They are one day late but is this ok? Cause i know that Guinea eggs are MUCH thicker than chicken eggs and the chicks can sometimes have trouble getting out. Do i need to be worried over anything or just let them be? And how long should i keep the eggs in the Incubator after hatch dates if some don't hatch?

All help welcome. Thanks!

2. One Acre Wonder Farm

One Acre Wonder Farm Songster

Feb 20, 2009
    Vermont
    I think a day late is fine, sometimes that could be due to low temperature during incubation. I would give them at least two more days before calling the hatch complete. 5 or 6 pips is a great start. Good luck with the rest, [​IMG] and don't forget to post some pics [​IMG]

3. morninggloryhatchery

Jun 24, 2009
    Wasilla
    Yes i will definitly post pics. Im actually going out of state for 10 days then after that i will get pics on the post pronto , or just start another post with the pics on.. Thanks for the advice!

4. morninggloryhatchery

Jun 24, 2009
    Wasilla
    Well when i went to my friends place to check on them before i left for my trip , there was 11 that hatched and 1 that was hatching. We candled the 13th egg and it wasn't moving at all and it wasn't developed all the way. But i was doing research online and i have Pearl Grays, Royal Purple and there is one that i am suspecting to be a buff or Buff Dundotte. I am suppose to keep one but i am going to keep them long enough so i am able to keep some breeding trio's then sell the rest. I will get picks when i get back from my trip.

Joy

5. One Acre Wonder Farm

One Acre Wonder Farm Songster

Feb 20, 2009
    Vermont
    Wow!! Congratulations [​IMG] That is a super hatch!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: