1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

GUINEA eggs needed

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lovemychicks2much, Apr 10, 2009.

1. lovemychicks2much

lovemychicks2much Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    hey everyone i am lookinf for some guinea eggs for around the first week of may i only have 1 set of guineas and i would love to expand them so if anyone has any they would like to share with me please let me know and i will also be willing to do a test hatch for anyone that has some nd aren't sure if they are fertile just let me know and if you do have them please let me know how much you want for them including shipping and for how many eggs

thanks so much

hey everyone my grandfather just infomred me he has room in his bator for some eggs would love to get some white ones read downa few psot to see what ones i have but would love to get some for testing or resonably priced

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    no one has guinea eggs wow im sure someone out there does

3. Plain_View_Farm

Plain_View_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Central Virginia
    Our Guineas just began laying last week.
    They should pick up production soon, it's actually a little
    early for Guineas to lay in this area.

David

4. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    Quote:mine hasnt started yet or if they have i cant find them I only have one pair though will you please let me know when yours pick up and what you want for them

5. Plain_View_Farm

Plain_View_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Central Virginia
    Sure, will do...

David

6. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Yep I too have had a plea out there for Guinea eggs. I have a couple of leads that will work out I am sure. It is early unless breeders have lights and heated houses etc. They are just starting now and of course it usually takes a while to figure out where they are laying.

Last year I bought some keets from a breeder in PA. and he explained that even after hens begin to lay one should never assume fertility as the cocks need an average of about 70 degree F+ days to be fertile. I dont recall if it was literally fertiility or libido that was affected by warmth.

Any way I found it interesting. I have a couple of hens in a pen and they have not yet started either.

Good luck

I did see some on Eggbid today.

7. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    I am willing to do a test hatch pay for them as long as they are resonable or what ever it takes and would love to get some white ones if at all possiable the 2 i have are the hen is lavender and the male is called a blue-purple or something like that all i know is he is a dark color but if you have anyeggs please let me know i really want more to put with these 2 nd i know they do better in a flock if anyone has eggs now my grandfather tols me he has room in his bator so please let me know

8. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I will start collecting and do a test hatch in another week or so then there should be plenty of eggs. I will post when I know for sure they are fertile, give me a week, please. Mine are pearls and lavenders with no guarantee of color.

9. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    Quote:I would be more than happy to test for you if you like

10. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Quote:I would be more than happy to test for you if you like

Thank you but I just got off the phone with a bye'er who is going to test for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by