Guinea eggs

tim sommers

In the Brooder
Oct 17, 2016
My guineas are 12 weeks old now and I am reading that some guineas lay eggs daily. I read other place were they only lay eggs around May. I was going to try to save the eggs and put a heat lamp on them to hatch them. I have read that most keets die in the first 2 days. Is this true. As you can see I have no guinea knowledge

My guineas are 12 weeks old now and I am reading that some guineas lay eggs daily. I read other place were they only lay eggs around May. I was going to try to save the eggs and put a heat lamp on them to hatch them. I have read that most keets die in the first 2 days. Is this true. As you can see I have no guinea knowledge

When they are laying, most guinea hens lay every day. They are seasonal layers usually starting to lay in the spring and stopping laying in the fall. My guineas started laying in May and just finished laying a week ago.

Forget about trying to hatch guinea eggs with a heat lamp. If you want to hatch them yourself, get an incubator. They do sell small inexpensive incubators but you get what you pay for. Even a cheap incubator is better than trying to use a heat lamp. There are also plenty of DIY cooler incubators just check in the Incubating & Hatching Eggs forum.

Read at least the first 100 pages of the Raising Guinea Fowl 101 forum. Pay particular attention to posts made by @PeepsCA

Back
Top Bottom