Guinea eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rsleghornchicki, Jan 31, 2012.

1. We used to have lots of guineas and now old age took all but one. He is very lonely and so I'm looking for cheap guinea eggs and some advice. Can I incubate guineanand chicken eggs together? quail and guinea? pheasent and guinea? Also does any one of ringneck pheasent eggs for cheep?

2. jrosemoore

jrosemoore Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Nebraska
    I have a very lonely guinea hen here. If only there was a way to meet up and let them go on a date.

Guinea eggs are very expensive usually. I believe guinea eggs require a different time frame so you would have to incubate the breed solo.

3. HoustonChicks

HoustonChicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2010
    If you have too much trouble finding guinea eggs, can you check at your local feed store for babies (keets for guineas?)? My feed store gets in all kinds of chicks, from a good hatchery. I have to aviod the brooders at the back of the store or I'm too tempted to buy more, more, more! With your guinea, a youngster might not be accepted right off. My guineas are aggressive toward any new birds til they become accustomed to them. A couple of baby ducks got into our yard yesterday and the 3 elder guineas went after them. I'm afraid they might mean harm if we hadn't caught the little ducks. Good luck, I think guineas are awesome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by