1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

guinea fowl and lavender muscovy ducks

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by owenslarry, Feb 9, 2013.

1. owenslarry

owenslarry New Egg

Feb 29, 2012
    Batesville AR
    I raise lavender Muscovy ducks. The guineas hurt the females. Two clutches of ducklings are due soon,
    and I don't know if I should get rid of the guineas. Will the kill my ducklings?

2. nanaluvsgps

nanaluvsgps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2012
    Australia
    If your guinea fowl hurst your grown muscovy hens then they will hurt the baby ducklings.

3. c0dywhite

c0dywhite Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2012
    Organ Cave, WV
    I have 4 guineas & last spring they killed one of my baby Pekin Ducks & they attack my chickens, ducks, & all my other poultry. I want to get rid of them soo bad, but they are my grandma's so I just chase them off.

4. JLeigh

JLeigh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    North Georgia
    You can place an ad in your state's Market Bulletin, or livestock magazine for "free guineas" and someone will come for them. Or, you can separate the guineas from the other poultry. Or, you can just have guineas without ducks or chickens.

There is no magic wand you can wave that will make guineas get along with other poultry. You have to take some action if you really want to solve the problem. Believe me, we all wish there was a magic wand :).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by