Guinea fowl collers?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by Farmboy13, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Farmboy13

Farmboy13 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2010
    I have 3 happy guinea fowl and they are so friendly they are about 18 weeks old they go into my front yard and follow walkers down the street [​IMG] I could never find away to stop them from going in my front yard I live on Lake michigan so we have a ton of walker in the summer time The other day I couldent find my guineas after getting on my bike going up and down the street I found them with 2 guys over a half a-mile from my house [​IMG] and I was thinking about putting a coller on a guinea so people could call me? I no they do this with dogs but would it work with guineas? And right now Im having to keep the guineas up most of the day even when Im home.

2. chicken boy sam

chicken boy sam Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    That would be a good idea....if it doesn't choke them, maybe you could tether them to your yard [​IMG] I don't know that much about guineas....can they fly well? Any pictures of them? I just have chickens...would LOVE to get ducks, turkey, guineas etc. but we live in the suburbs and my parents won't let me [​IMG]

3. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    You could certainly put a band on the Guineas with your info. Teaching them to stand still so people could catch them and read it will be the problem. [​IMG]

4. Finn's Mom

Finn's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

5. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Maybe put a zippy tie on their leg & write your ph number on it with a Sharpie, I dunno. [​IMG] But then what racuda said is very true & funny too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by