1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

guinea fowl pics - post em here

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by c.wilson, Jul 30, 2008.

1. c.wilson

c.wilson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2008
    if anyone has any baby, young, or adult guinea fowl please post them here..... PLEASE!!

2. HidingInTheHenHouse

HidingInTheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Here's some of mine at 5 weeks old. It's pretty hot and humid right now, so they were relaxing in their box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I no longer own these guineas, but many BYCers from the other site know them as Radar, Dodger, Mousse and Charlotte. I miss the goofy things-they had to be rehomed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  4. pixiechick

pixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Jonesborough, TN
    Wow, how did you get yours so tame? Ours have always been a little crazy. [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

We spent lots of time with them, handled them alot, fed them by hand, etc. My alpha male, Dodger, was the friendliest.

6. pixiechick

pixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Jonesborough, TN
    Did you raise them by hand? I've only been succesful in catching them and putting them under a banty hen. The guineas just don't mother them well. Although, I do have one guinea hen who has kept her chick for over a week now. I've also never succeeded in catching them and raising them myself. I've tried with few, but they get weak and die. [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

I raised these four from keet-hood (bought at feedstore-they're Ideal stock). Had them for almost six months when the attempted murder started. The guineas vs the RIR girls. It wasn't pretty and I had to choose between the guineas and the chickens. One day I may put some guinea eggs under a broody and let her tell them they're chickens, LOL.

8. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Speckledhen You are on to something with them being raised with a chicken.

I have 5 Guinea Keets (4 weeks old now). They have been raised with chicks and ducklings. It is amazing that they have never been loud like I was warned. And when they are outside for some free-ranging, they stay very close to our ducks and geese (agian they were raised together).

9. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    awww I had 20 healthy baby guinea's... untill....

coyotes.... :eek: :mad:

10. sutherland

sutherland Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2013
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia
    I have 11 guinea 6 white and 5 pearl I got them September 3 2013 as little babies they r not as friendly as those guys but they r not unfriendly either I know the different sounds but when they are all together I have a hard time telling male from females but I know I have atleast 2 white hens and 1 pearl for sure cause they have made there call all at once maybe someone knows how to do it by image if you do please let me know that would b great :) I don't have any great photos of them due to its winter here and -13 outside without the windchill and they don't seem to like it very much outside but I do have a couple I can share for the fun of it :)[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by