Guinea fowl versus wild turkeys

cgbalch

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 5, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Hello guinea fowl people!

I'm thinking about getting some guinea keets to raise this spring. I live in Ontario and have 42 acres with a lot of deer and subsequently a lot of ticks. We also have a lot of wild turkeys that wander through our property frequently. I'm wondering if my free-ranging guinea fowl would have any sort of conflicts with the wild turkeys? Or would they just stay away from each other? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

Hello! You happen to have brought to light an interesting, but also uncommon question which is why I can't seem to find any hard evidence or facts about altercations between the two. Which I would assume to be a good thing and I would infer that free-range guinea would have no problem with wild turkeys.

In my not professional opinion I would say that I highly doubt any serious altercation between free-ranging guinea and wild turkeys.

Hope this helps!
D.gif

For the last few years we have had wild turkeys coming thru here in the spring. Some of them will hang around for the free food for a few days. Last summer a young tom turkey stayed about 2 months. We finally had to trap and relocate him. There was never any conflicts between the wild turkeys and my guineas. They pretty much ignored each other.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom