Guinea Geese Babies - UPDATED WITH TODAY PICS

ThreeBoysChicks

Songster
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Thurmont, MD
I ordered 3 Hatchery choice Geese and 6 Hatchery choice Guinea. Everyone arrived healthy and happy.

Take a guess.... I think I have 2 White Guinea, 1 Pied Guinea and 3 French or Pearl Guinea. As for the geese, I think 1 Embden, 2 Brown Chinese or African or perhaps 1 of each.

Guinea_20080627_2w.jpg

Geese_20080627_1w.jpg

Geese_20080627_2w.jpg

Last edited:
MissPrissy - I read all of the warnings form everyone on BYC and am very lucky that I have a built in brooder in the barn, so the only people who will have to listen to the keets will be the 1 month chicks in there and the Barn swallow mom who is sitting on her nest.

Yeah - I just hope my neighbor's are ok with the guinea. Of course, no one complained when the goats came home. They were pretty loud the first two days (having just left their moms). And now everytime I step out the door, the goats start yelling because they love us to come out and sit with them. My son has the boy sitting in his lap all the time.

The ducks are pretty loud also. It is rather funny. Walking to the barn, I get everyone talking, horses, goats, ducks, chikens and soon to add the Guinea and Geese.

Got to love life......... and animals.

Someone asked me the other day, why do I do it. I said, you know people disappoint all the time (sad state of our society), but my animals are always happy to see me and never disappoint me.

I bet your nieghbors will learn to love your guineas. They are very entertaining.

If you three pearl ones are the same size as the others they are most likely just pearls and not french, or jumbos. The French and Jumbo variety is usually larger, even as keats.

Good luck with them! Remember to use a quail waterer with your guineas, or fill the bottom with rocks, but I like quail waterers better, they stay drier with them.

Back
Top Bottom