1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

guinea genetics help

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by roocrazy, Nov 24, 2010.

1. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    i need some help. a white male crossed a pearl hen and got a pearl with a few white wing feathers and if i cross her witth a lavender male what would i get

2. roocrazy

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    bump

3. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    I am no expert, but I believe you would get a Lavender with white feathers as well.

4. roocrazy

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    thanks anyone else

5. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    I'll suggest you ask this question on Guinea Fowl International since their focus is Guineas.

Even though I liked the idea of a jewel toned flock I chose to keep my color pure by having just one color, lavender.

6. roocrazy

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    Quote:i like diff colors

7. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Quote:i like diff colors

So do I but most want pure colors when they buy so straight lavender is the way I went. But I have porcelains popping up out of the lavenders from time to time.

As with most birds there probably is not a solid answer for what you'll end up with since you don't know the back color genetics of your birds. The proof is the porcelain showing up in my pure lavender flock.

8. roocrazy

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    oh, ok

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by