guinea got out of pen

spookyone

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 26, 2011
One of my 3 guinea got out of the pen tonight. Boy, can they fly. {over my head and out the door. The other 2 in with the chickens. So will it come back if it makes in thur the night? Any ideas how to get it back in the pen? I leave my chicken out about every night and they all go into the pen pretty good. Oh, just got the guinea last weekend and it' about the size of a baseball. ideas??

Hopefully it will make it thru the night and want back in with the others in the morning, but the odds are pretty much against one little lone Guinea that's never been out in the big world before, especially at night. You may be able to find it when it's dark tonight, it may be peeping and calling to it's hatch mates and the chickens... that will help you locate it, and hopefully you can catch it. Guineas are blind in the dark and reluctant to move (which is one of the reasons why predators have such an easy time catching a Guinea for a late dinner or early breakfast!).

If it is still around tomorrow, and you haven't caught it yet, it may join your chickens and hopefully come in with them when they return to the coop.

Good luck!

Lucky got it back into the pen today. The other 2 was calling as I open the coop door to the pen. After about 1/2 hour it was there trying to get in. Open the pen door and it went right in.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Glad to hear it came home!

Back
Top Bottom