Guinea help!

mcmillinchicks

Hatching
May 29, 2016
I have incubated some Guinea eggs and they have started hatching. My first baby won't stand and his left foot seems to not be working. It's right one is fine but he is just laying there and can't stand. Is there anything I can do to help?

Please post on the "Guinea thread." for best advice. I know nothing about them but, new hatched babies of any breed take time to be up and running around. They may have been cramped in the egg or positioned oddly and need to straighten out.

Guineas have very fragile legs. Their leg bones are thinner than chickens, and much more susceptible to injury. I hatched a few guineas a couple months ago, and three of them had leg problems which they worked out over a couple days. Make sure you keep them on a non-slippery surface such as pine shavings or paper towels. :) good luck!

Thank you so much. Since my post, the baby has stood up. Three others have hatched and are doing just like the first. This is my first batch of Guineas and I guess I have a lot to learn.

Back
Top Bottom