Guinea Keets Roosting

Rose66

Songster
9 Years
Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
Will someone please tell my 3 1/2 week old keets that this is entirely too high for them to be roosting at such a young age!!!!!
ep.gif
They started roosting up there two nights ago and it's 6 feet tall. I know they like high roosts but that high at 3 1/2 weeks??? Not that there's anything I can do about it anyway
roll.png
Since it's a small space, they will outgrow the area pretty quickly but I was very surprised to see them up there last night.

78134_guinea_keets.jpg

None of my chicks have decided to roost at night yet. They still huddle up in a corner although they all have roosts available to them that they climb around on during the day.

That's guineas for ya....a bunch of jumping beans at that age with those big wings and hardly any body weight to carry into the air. No wonder they can get so high!

Have fun with them!

I love to watch them one by one hop, hop, hop from roost to roost and then fly up onto the ledge. They are so cute. Since they are going to out grow that ledge quickly, we are going to put some roosts up at that same height next to that ledge so they can just move on over for more room. After all, I want my keets to be happy even though they all think I'm a giant guinea eating monster.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom