Guinea Keets

snugglepup

Songster
12 Years
Apr 15, 2007
Creedmoor, NC
Just hatched! Guinea keets available, and more on the way. We are hand-raising these so they should be reasonably tame (for guineas). I am outside of Raleigh, NC.

guinea_hatch.jpg

Do you ship? I live in PA. I'd love to get some!

if you do ship, I have a couple other questions then..
smile.png

Thanks!
~Lacey

I want to know how in the world you got that guinea to sit and hatch her own eggs?!!! I've never been able to do that with mine and have heard it's near impossible! That's a really sweet picture.
love.gif
I love me some guineas!!
Amy J.
And I'm curious about the shipping also (if you do or not and at what age?).

Sorry! I don't know anything about shipping birds. I currently have 2 other females setting, so far they seem to be doing a good job. This one hatched all but 1 egg from her clutch. So we have something like 25 keets.

well, if you ever do decide to take a go at shipping.. could you please e-mail me? it's on my profile.
smile.png

I'd take those 25 babies in a heart beat! I've been looking for keets...
smile.png

Thanks!
~Lacey

That really is an adorable picture. I just got three year old Guinea's and they seem to be the wildest things!!! Of course they are still penned because I know as soon as I let these things out they are gone! I have 2 females and 1 male. The females are laying but they drop the egg and run....lol

sorry to sound stupid but im trying to learn...why do ppl keep guineas? do you eat the eggs? do ppl eat the birds? is it because they make good pets?

sorry im lost.

aran

Hi Aran

They are supposed to be massive bug & tick eaters and plus they are so different looking they are nice to add to your flock. I have eaten the eggs, I made potato salad last weekend and they to me did not taste any different than chicken eggs. They are also very good watchdogs but I had a pair of geese in the past and they did not miss a trick. By far better than any dog I ever had as far as being right there on top of everything!

You can eat the eggs (yum!), some people eat the birds... supposedly they are a delicacy. They do make funny pets, my guys are hysterical to watch. But mostly I got them to eat bugs and ticks. They don't dig up my garden like the chickens do, and they do a great job keeping the yard and pastures free of ticks. They also are great watchdogs and let you know if ANYTHING unusual comes onto your property. So far I've seen my guys beat up and run off large snakes (they eat the smaller ones), my neighbor's cat, and what I think was a fox... but it was running too fast to tell.

they taste like eating pheasant or a wild bird. they are good. can eat eggs but their largest appeal is the fact that they are different. They are good watch dogs as they'll go off on anything different--car pulls in, dog wanders on, leaf falls off of tree, etc...............

Back
Top Bottom