Guinea left her nest eggs in incubator (how old?)

Bluecharm7

Chirping
Jan 4, 2020
My guinea hen left her nest last night and she is choosing not to come back. She raised chicks to hatch last year…I think an animal may have gotten close. But I got the eggs, set them up in an incubator and I checked them this morning all are alive and hopefully the time they were cold doesn’t impact them.
I am trying to figure out how old they are and when to lock down the incubator. I was comparing it to a duck chart since they are both 28 days. Does that sound right? I estimate between day 24-26 days.

I am going to try and take candling pics but we will se how I do.

Last edited:
Here’s a photo of one of the eggs. Any guess?

Attachments

• 01E92D6F-DF17-46E0-AFB2-2AE3E3F125BF.jpeg
    01E92D6F-DF17-46E0-AFB2-2AE3E3F125BF.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 10
I guess when I put them in the incubator they were day 24 the first hatched this morning at 5 am. Never locked them down…oh well. I have 3 hatched and another 8 working there way.

I guess when I put them in the incubator they were day 24 the first hatched this morning at 5 am. Never locked them down…oh well. I have 3 hatched and another 8 working there way.
Bluecharm7, how did you hatch go? I’m currently awaiting eggs that were sat by a hen and then later moved into an incubator. Today is Day 28 from when I saw that the hen was sitting…

Back
Top Bottom