Guinea Not Feeling Well !?!

debbiez

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 3, 2008
Sweet Home Alabama
My 3 Guineas are 6 weeks old.They have been doing great.They live with my 7 week old Australorp chicks. But last night one did not look so great.I thought it was just ready for bed but this morning she looked the same. She(I think it is) looks puffed up and like she is cold.I did turn back on the heat lamp for her. They get clean food and water every day. The box is not too dirty. And they have grass to get down on. Our brood box convert to a coop with a mini run underneath it. I have been giving them chicken starter instead of game starter for about 2 weeks. All the other birds seem fine and get along great.I have had no health problems out of them except one guinea had pasty but @ 2 weeks.
I thought about separating her but thought it might be traumatic since she has never been alone.?
Sorry for the long post.
thanks for any helpful info.
Debbiez

Bump!!
barnie.gif

To begin with , I would bring it in and put it under a light for warmth. Guineas do not like to get wet and don't know to get in out of the rain , I doubt this has happened since she is in a coop. I know its bad to isolate it but if you don't you will be risking all of them. Maybe someone else can tell you if you should offer meds. You could offer some vitamins in the water and some scrambled eggs . This way you can tell if its eating and be able to find the problem. Be sure and have some grit available if you do this.
Hope this helps a little! Good luck..........

She seems better.DH wormed them for me.
One of my guineas get down on the ground with my chicks while the other two hardly ever come down.Strange but they are fixing to move to a bigger home.
thanks,
Debbiez

Back
Top Bottom