guinea pic

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by nickki99, Nov 1, 2007.

1. nickki99

nickki99 Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  2. Mac

Mac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    And I love it too - thanks! I can't wait to raise another group of guineas. I liked this image because I really never saw my previous guineas just "resting". They were always storming around. Nice to see they lay down in the dirt. Only time mine sat still was on the open sunroof of my car; guinea rear end over the inside. This car was a Saab - ignition on the floor between the front seats.....get the picture? But, you got to love them! Funniest, voracious insect eater, best guard fowl on earth, what more could you ask for?

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    [​IMG]

Mac this is only time mine are still, unless sitting on piece of lawn furniiture

P.S. thats 8 feet up and chickens didn't roost up there till the guineas started

4. nickki99

May 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    As soon as I go out the door, they come running. Will eat out of my hand. They will even jump up to get something out of my hand. They are so funny. I have one girl that will holler until I go back in the house and get her some bread. Then she is happy. I just love them.

5. new-roo

new-roo Scrambled

Oct 19, 2007
    how many do you have?
    and do you have yours in with chickens?
    How old?

I have 11, mine are in with chickens , and mine are 6 months old.

6. nickki99

May 30, 2007
    North Carolina
  7. chixrme

chixrme Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2007
    Eastern Shore of VA
    Hi- just saw this thread and wanted to check in! We started with 13 guineas 1.5 yrs ago and now have 66! Some raised the old fashioned way, and some done by DH with his 'bator. They range freely of course, but come back to roost every night, some in trees, some on horizontal perches DH put up for them around the chicken yard which is an acre fenced in with elec poultry fence. LOVE to hear them all day long... people think we are crazy. But then THEY have ticks and we don't!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by