Guinea PLEA!!!!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by flyweed, Aug 18, 2011.

1. flyweed

flyweed Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Holmen
    Hi all,

I am posting for my two oldest sons that are in 4H, and are desperate to get some new birds. My oldest son raises Bantam Cochin Frizzles...and my second son raises Guinea fowl...they worked very hard this spring and hatched out all their own chicks, they spend their allowance money on feeding them, and housing and things like that.

Anyway...just this past week we had a couple of "intruders" get into our chicken/pea fowl houses...and killed all of them. I am not sure how that is even capable. But my son just had 4 bantam cochins, and there were 6 guinea's...we were away from home at the time.

I told them I would post this message to the BYC "collective" and see if I can possibly get them some replacement chicks (for low cost)..as they really have put their hard earned money into raising their birds.

Anyway...We think we have a local person that is giving us 6-8 new cochin chicks...so that is taken care of, but I am STILL IN NEED of some guinea keets for my second son..No one around here raises them, so I thought I'd ask on here if anyone would be willing to ship my son 6-8 guinea keets...I would GLADLY cover shipping costs.

Just PM me a message if you might be able to help us out.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Dan

2. livenwpeeps

livenwpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    King William
    Where are you located?

3. flyweed

Feb 12, 2009
    Holmen
    We live in S.W. Wisconsin

4. livenwpeeps

livenwpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    King William
    I am in Virginia. Sorry I'm too far away. Wish I could help though.

5. flyweed

Feb 12, 2009
    Holmen
    hope someone will help us out...like I said...I'd cover shipping

6. GuineaLady93

GuineaLady93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Cameron, NC
    My Coop
    Quote:How would you ship them?

7. flyweed

Feb 12, 2009
    Holmen
    not sure..but I've received shipped chicks before, from as far away as Arkansas...they box em up and ship anywhere from overnight, to priority which is 2-3 day mail.

8. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    How sad that is for your kids, and for you too [​IMG] Wish you lived close, I'd gladly give you plenty of Guineas to help replenish your coop with. I'm way out in CA tho, and cannot legally ship birds, keets or even eggs out of state.

If you google "Guinea Fowl Breeders List" it should pull up a couple websites that may have listings of breeders in your area. Also you may try putting up a wanted ad on your local craigslist site.

9. CYGChickies

CYGChickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    I would like to help but I'm not NPIP yet and my whole flock of guineas is nearing adulthood. I hope someone helps you out and good luck to the kids!

CYG

10. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Maybe talk to Murano Farms? I know she was selling Keets and was shipping them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by