Guinea Price

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by minna, May 13, 2009.

1. minna

minna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    I have about 30 keets that I can sell. A neighbor down the road told my dh he wanted them. Of course he told him to talk to me when he asked about the price. ( I don't understand why people assume the chickens are his deal, they always do:rolleyes:) Anyway, I have no idea what to charge. I know he is going to want them cheap. My dh made some stupid deal with him to sell him Barred Rock chicks for $1 as long as he came and got them as soon as they hatched. Ended up selling him 2-3 week old chicks for $1 and it kinda ticked me off. I checked the hatcheries and saw that they sell from $4-5 each. I def won't charge that much, but I AM NOT selling them for $1 each. I will keep them before I do that. How much do ya'll think?

2. CurlyLindsay

CurlyLindsay Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    MO
    I paid $4.70 for chicks at our feed store and then bought adults privately and paid $10 each for them. I think $3 would be fair for young chicks. $6 ish for juveniles.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  3. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Guineas are near impossible to get around here. IF you can find them at a flea market or something, it's $6 per chick or $15 per adult [​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Day old to a few weeks old go between $3 and $5 here. Older than that and the price goes up.

5. bufforps

bufforps Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2008
    NC
    My feed store was selling day olds for 4.50.

6. sueg6255

sueg6255 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    LaGrange County
    Wish you were close. I have been looking for keets for 2 months. Have some eggs in the bator but some of those didn't make it just never formed.

7. LA~Poulet

LA~Poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    near Lake Charles, LA
    Guineas are very common around here, our feed store has pied, lavender, white, and pearl, all for $2.20 each.

8. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    I sell mine for $5.oo just hatched and I can't hatch enough of them to keep up with demand. I charged $3.oo each last yr and found that was way too cheap. adults around here are $15-20.

9. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

I just sold some keets myself. I saw what the hatcheries charged and set my price at $3. I listed them on Craigslist last night and they were sold by today. [​IMG]

10. hollyk

hollyk Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    Canton, Texas
    Quote:Same here in East Texas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by