1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

guinea prices???

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by patyrdz, Apr 28, 2009.

1. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    What is the going rate of guinea chicks? Thank you for your input.

2. poultrylady

poultrylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Delano, Tn.
    I sell my guinea keets for $3. each, just hatched, price goes up as they get older.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  3. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Quote:Thank you for the response!![​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I agree, keets will bring anywhere from $2 to $5 here, depending on the color.

5. cawooduck

cawooduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Livermore, CA
    I am getting keats for $3 a piece next week, but her usual rate is $4 a piece.

6. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Thank you. I have a lady that wants some, and I have no clue!!! There was a feed store here that I heard was selling them for $7.00! I thought that was high, so I decided to investigate!!![​IMG] They must have been older. I was told that no one around here has them.[​IMG]

7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    I usually dont sell mine till they are a couple weeks old, and I get 5 a piece for them. Mine are mixed pearl, pied, and lavenders.

8. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    I just bought several adult females (I hope) for 15 each. I know that most of them are females, but I get mixed up about which ones I have heard before and so on. The feed stores get 7.00 each here in Colorado. I am hoping to hatch some I thought I would sell them for 4-5 each.

They are crazy animals I hope my neighbors dont hate me. The have really been sounding off lately.

I have yet to find eggs, but I dont think they are laying yet.

9. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Quote:Makes sense! I have lavenders. I would love to get some pied and pearl. Do you have pictures of yours? I would like to see what to look for!

10. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Quote:Mine are always hiding the nest. We found one yesterday with 14 eggs! They are crazy! We brought home a goat today, and they went nuts!!! The guinea and the peacocks all merged on the goat just out of reach and squacked and carried on! It was so funny seeing them all in a line voicing their dismay!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by