Guinea talk.

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by boucher814, May 15, 2016.

1. boucher814

boucher814 Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2016
    Austin pa
    I am going to start this thread. I hope people join in with me if not oh well it was worth a shot. On this thread, we can talk about Guineas as questions we may have ect.

Please post pics of your birds.

There are rules tho........ Only two tho.........

1. No fighting. A good friendly debate will be ok tho.

2. HAVE FUN AND ENJOY.

2. pattyhen

pattyhen Chicks Ducks oh my

Apr 20, 2007
    Hi I will join your thread. I'm very new with raising guineas. Mine are 7 weeks old and growing by leaps and bounds. I've heard a lot of negative things about guineas but so far mine have been a joy to have. They are much more tame then my ducks. They love to follow me around in the yard and if I sit down they are right there beside me. They are goofy looking little birds which makes them all the more delightful to watch. I'm going to try to attach some pics of them these were taken a couple of weeks ago. Have a great day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BoogieBug likes this.
  3. boucher814

May 15, 2016
    Austin pa
    Those are some good looking keets. Keep us updated on their progress

4. pattyhen

Apr 20, 2007
    Thanks so much their names are Spiderman and Mary Jane. My grandson named them what can I say.

5. boucher814

May 15, 2016
    Austin pa
    Thanks pattyhen for joining my thread. I are the first one to join. May I call u patty? Also I would love to keep up with the progress of your keets

6. boucher814

May 15, 2016
    Austin pa
    That's a picture of my guinea I am getting another one here soon [​IMG]

BoogieBug and DossFunnyFarm like this.
  7. boucher814

May 15, 2016
    Austin pa
    SpiderMan and Mary Jane I love those names.

8. pattyhen

Apr 20, 2007
    Yes you can call me Patty I'm glad to join. Your guinea is big and so pretty. What is her name or his name? Does your guinea get along with the chickens? Mine just ignore the guineas and the ducks do the same thing.

9. boucher814

May 15, 2016
    Austin pa
    I am glad u could join patty. My chickens beat up on her. Her name is Madison. I am going to get her friend Saturday. My ducks haven't seen her yet they don't pay much attention to my attention to my chickens. I will post pics of her soon I need to go find her now.

10. pattyhen

Apr 20, 2007
    Madison is a pretty name. I'm glad you are getting her a friend. Is she hard to get in the coop at night? Right now I am just catching Spider and Mary Jane and putting them in their cage in the coop. They are pretty tame and are easy to catch. They are losing their feathers on their necks and it is coming in a real pretty light blue color. They still have the stripes on their heads and I wish they could keep that but I know it will change. The little horn on their head is starting to show. Hopefully soon I can just put them in the coop without shutting them up in their cage. I still don't trust the chickens inside the coop with them at night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by