Guinea wild turkey hybrid??

Guineamama3200

In the Brooder
Dec 8, 2019
DC85AD65-DD26-4373-932C-58E367AE9B1C.jpeg
I have pearled guineas and all of them look just alike. We let them hatch some babies and I have one that has always looked a little different and now that they’re fully feathered I swear he looks like he’s half turkey. The wild turkeys did hang around A LOT while my girls were laying and there were only two females and male left in my flock so not really a big group to run the turkeys off. Everything I’ve seen and read says it’s possible but super rare. Anyone ever seen a feather pattern like this one??
E4650D63-6E0E-465F-8906-5B03FBD1099C.jpeg
E4650D63-6E0E-465F-8906-5B03FBD1099C.jpeg

https://guineas.com/articles/genetics
" the less pearling apparent on a bird, the darker its background colour will be. So, the Royal Purple is the semi-pearled version of the pearl grey, and appears a little darker than it; and the violet is the non-pearled version of the pearl grey, and is darker again."
"it used to be thought that with peafowl, one white gene (T) led to a pied bird, whilst two (TT) gave a white bird. However, it is now apparent that you need both a pied and a white gene (PT) to get a pied peafowl, or two whites (TT) for a white bird. Peafowl with two pied genes (PP) are known as "dark pieds" and signal this effect by appearing to be a "normal" non-pied bird but with a few white flight feathers; birds with just one white gene (T) again look like a normal bird with white flight feathers (usually fewer in number than in the dark pied)."

:sick clear as mud?

Back
Top Bottom