1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

guinea wings

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by davecash, Sep 21, 2007.

1. davecash

davecash Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    kaintucky
    can you clip a guinea's wings to stop it from flying away? like a chicken?

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Sure, why not? You can clip the wings on finches and turkeys, why not guineas. I'm sure they'll still walk, hop, skip, and jump away for the day though.

3. davecash

davecash Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    kaintucky
    yeah, hm, sorry i am stupid

4. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    YOU ARE NOT STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does every one keep saying they are bad chicken people or that they are stubid or dumb? WELL GUESS WHAT YOUR NOT!!!!!!! Ok I'm cool!

5. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Yes, they can be. But you have to make absolutely certain that predators can not get to them because they will not be able to fly from attack. They prefer to run from trouble but once they realize that that's not working they take flight.

How much area are you trying to keep the birds in? Mine never fly over the perimeter fence but I'm on 20 acres. I can count on one hand the times they've flown over the interior fencing, again that's only when they've felt threatened.

Peeps, have you had a long day dealing with the goonies? LOL You're right no question is stupid, we all learned about these guys. What drives me up the wall are the folks who run out and get the cute babies and are not prepared and know they aren't prepared.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by