Guinea won't stand or walk

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by brazz, Oct 10, 2017.

1. brazz

brazz In the Brooder

May 7, 2017
    I bought my guineas as chicks and have 4 of them. They are about 4 or 5 months old now. I noticed a few weeks ago that one of them was missing. After searching I found it sitting by itself which was very odd. It would get up and run off when i approached it but would sit right back down. The next day it was in the coupe and would not get out with all the others. When i approach it would get up and sit right back down like it was tired or couldn't stand long. The chickens was picking on it very badly so i put it in a coupe by itself. It has been in there by itself going on 2 weeks with no improvement but really doesn't seem worse either. Only thing i have done is give it probiotic in its water I'm not sure what to do for it. If i open the coupe it will flap and stand up but will sit right back down. What could be the problem? I've read possibly a vitamin deficiency but all the others are ok. Should I put it down or what? I dont want it to suffer and i need to open the coupe back up to the other birds. They still have one coupe but i need both of my coupes. It doesn't seem sick it just doesn't want to stand or walk.

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Chicken tender

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Apparently guinea can get Mareks just like chickens, so that's a possibility. If it doesn't improve after a week or two or looks to be worse I would personally cull. You can always try vitamins.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: