1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Guinea Wound Care

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by Lubennie, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Lubennie

Lubennie New Egg

Jul 18, 2015
    South Central PA
    I have a guinea that got tangled up with something. No signs of any of my other gals & roo involved. She has a puncture wound & one scratched open area. I've been using antibiotic cream on it. She is getting dirt into it from dusting. Probably from the cream on it. Her feathers were torn out so they are not there to cover the area. For the most part she seems fine. She is very difficult to keep a grip on and I think it stresses her out. I am using ACV in her water as well. Any thoughts as to what else I could use to promote healing?

2. R2elk

R2elk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    Spray the wound and open area with Blu-Kote. It will prevent dirt from getting into the wound and acts as a protective covering.

3. Lubennie

Lubennie New Egg

Jul 18, 2015
    South Central PA
    We don't have many places to shop for poultry supplies where I live. I hope Tractor Supply has it. I've heard of it, just didn't know much about it. Thank you, sounds like good stuff to have on hand!!

4. R2elk

R2elk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    According to their web site, Tractor Supply does carry Blu-Kote in their stores.

Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by