1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Guineas and chicken together

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mattromo24, Dec 23, 2010.

1. mattromo24

mattromo24 New Egg

Dec 3, 2010
    is it ok to have guineas and chicken in same coop. I live in North Carolina and have 16 birds ten being guineas. wondering if additional coop will be needed. Thank you:)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  2. Chickielady

Chickielady Spiritwood Farms Premium Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Raymond, WA
    My Coop
    I can only tell you that Guineas will beat up chickens badly, and seriously injure or kill, even a rooster.
    You should go on the Guinea thread and read up, not here.
    Good luck !

3. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

My guineas were raised with chickens since they were a couple of days old. They roost in the same coop every night. The guineas can be bullies, but they haven't killed any of my chickens.

4. Greenskeeper

Greenskeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    Bethel, NC
    This is just killing me! I raised the spoken Guineas from the 3rd day, with Chickens!!!!! Now this has begun. [​IMG] the few guys in the coop with them spent three weeks with them b4 they got there new coop at Matt's. they were all happy and now i think we just might have all gotten a bit bigger. Cant we all just get along? Merry Christmas Matt!!! Enjoy the Snow and give the kids, wife, and foul hugs!
    Peace,
    Story~

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by