Guineas and chickens

jtbuck

Songster
14 Years
Mar 29, 2009
Florahome
Need help. Wife has 10 Guineas that are caged at night then let ou in the am. She now has brought home 2 young chickens . How to introduce them to the guineas

I keep guineas and chickens together.... they might not 'understand' each other but they never fight.
Have you been through a guinea breeding season?

I have kept guineas and chickens together. I will not keep guineas and chickens together again.

Chickens do not understand the races and chases or the attacks from behind with the feather pulling and feather breaking that guineas do.

Need help. Wife has 10 Guineas that are caged at night then let out in the am. She now has brought home 2 young chickens . How to introduce them to the guineas
My recommendation is to keep the chickens separate. Guineas have entirely different behaviors than do any other fowl. Only another guinea can understand guineas.

Last edited:
I’m with R2elk on not housing them with chickens.
Ive only been through one breeding season, but they do get brutal. I had 13, 7 females and 6 males. I still ended up losing a male to the dominant male killing him. It was very sad.
I can’t imagine chickens would be able to handle that level and intensity of aggression.

Thank you for the info. My guineas are happy, though I plan to get some more in the future.
I won't discuss this on this thread any more we've kind of hijacked it.

Back
Top Bottom