Guinea's are bold, but funny

GableBabble

Ninja Chicken Herder
9 Years
May 27, 2010
We have had Guinea's before, but none with attitude like these new baby's.

I got up this morning and took my Pyrenees out to poo, feed, check the feathered people and what not. I put Betty in her run and went over to the hen barn when I heard the Guinea's. They were standing at the door to Betty's run and making a tiny but funny loud noise. They would pick up a blade of grass and hold it in the mouth, then drop it and wizz around the run, only to come back and do it again. When Betty is out they get on her back and sit there. So I am sure they like her. Just not sure what they want.
Anyone ever had anything like this? I thought it rather funny, but the hubbie thinks it might be a problem later.

My great pyrenees is out all the time with my feathered flock and its never been a problem. I guess because he is so use to watching over them. I thought a few times he was trying to get one. But I watched and he was pushing (herding) one back where he wanted them to go... He is a great watch(protector) dog for them. I don't think it will be a problem or the dog would have already had one for snack.. But if you are concerned with them pecking the dog when they get older, I have no idea. I wouldn't think they would as to the size of the pyrenees but????

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom