Guineas are hatching! UPDATE!!!! PICS!!!!!

MTtroutwithwings

Songster
12 Years
Jul 10, 2007
Montana Country
Instinct told me to get up early and sure enough 15 minute later my first guinea hatched! I have 6 out of 7 pipped which started yesterday around 1:00 p.m. so we've got a busy day ahead today!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
WOO-HOO!
yippiechickie.gif
Sending lots of good hatching vibes your way!!! Be sure to post pics when those babies hatch.
smile.png

I'll wait until they're moved into the brooder before taking pics. I'm not good at trying to take shots thru those 2 little windows on my
Hovabator but I'll post as soon as I can! The first one is a light colored one ( my eggs were an assortment) but I know it's not your standard pearl!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks gumpsgirl...along with those good hatching vibes, could you or jubaby also send some warm weather too? It's snowing here this morning!
barnie.gif
I mean really, it's beautiful but it's also June?
roll.png

Last edited:
Fourth one came about 11:10 a.m. (MST) still waiting on two others, one that pipped yesterday around this time & the other sometime during the night....but since this is only day 27 for them, I'm not going to panic yet. The seventh one hasn't pipped at all yet but not going to worried due to time frame. My early morning is catching up with me, I'm writing goofy! So far looks like we have 1 Pearl for sure and the other three are white with light shading on the backs, they looks like triples
lol.png
possibly Opaline, Buffs, Porcelain or even a Coral Blue! I know know one thing for sure, they're Guineas!

Edited to add...We have #5 on it's way out and #6 is moving on now & #7 is alive & pipped! It pipped on the down side where I couldn't see it for awhile.
roll.png
looks like 7 for 7!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom