Guineas are hatching! UPDATE!!!! PICS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MTtroutwithwings, Jun 11, 2008.

1. MTtroutwithwings

MTtroutwithwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    Instinct told me to get up early and sure enough 15 minute later my first guinea hatched! I have 6 out of 7 pipped which started yesterday around 1:00 p.m. so we've got a busy day ahead today! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  2. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures.

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    WOO-HOO! [​IMG] Sending lots of good hatching vibes your way!!! Be sure to post pics when those babies hatch. [​IMG]

4. MTtroutwithwings

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    I'll wait until they're moved into the brooder before taking pics. I'm not good at trying to take shots thru those 2 little windows on my
    Hovabator but I'll post as soon as I can! The first one is a light colored one ( my eggs were an assortment) but I know it's not your standard pearl! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  5. MTtroutwithwings

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    Quote:Thanks gumpsgirl...along with those good hatching vibes, could you or jubaby also send some warm weather too? It's snowing here this morning! [​IMG] I mean really, it's beautiful but it's also June? [​IMG]

6. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    SNOW! It's supposed to be 101 F here today. I wish I could send it your way.

7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Congrats! [​IMG]

8. MTtroutwithwings

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    UPDATE....Second one hatched 15 min. ago and a third one just popped out! Their peeping is encouraging the others to work it! [​IMG]

9. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    that is so exciting:ya

10. MTtroutwithwings

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    Fourth one came about 11:10 a.m. (MST) still waiting on two others, one that pipped yesterday around this time & the other sometime during the night....but since this is only day 27 for them, I'm not going to panic yet. The seventh one hasn't pipped at all yet but not going to worried due to time frame. My early morning is catching up with me, I'm writing goofy! So far looks like we have 1 Pearl for sure and the other three are white with light shading on the backs, they looks like triples [​IMG] possibly Opaline, Buffs, Porcelain or even a Coral Blue! I know know one thing for sure, they're Guineas!

Edited to add...We have #5 on it's way out and #6 is moving on now & #7 is alive & pipped! It pipped on the down side where I couldn't see it for awhile. [​IMG] looks like 7 for 7! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by