GuiNeAs ArE sO dUmB! oH sO veRy DuMb! ***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***

chickenboy95

Songster
11 Years
Dec 12, 2008
se ohio
you know how people say guineas are dumb. well any who mine live you to that. i have 5 guineas. well to night and a bunch of other nights they go and sleep in the trees. i don't know why they do this but mine do. they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo skiddish and hate me. well tonight and may i say it was 12 degrees out the stupid things decided to be stupid and stay outside and give me a hard time. on the coldest nights of the year they roost outside. well i take that back only 3 stayed out.

but ok heres how they ended up this way:

- the first time i went out i herded them around the chicken coop about 30 times no joke. well i went inside the house and left the coop door open to see if they would go in the coop when i went back out

- well the second time i went out they where still out running around the yard and it was 6:45 PM. well i forgot to turn the light on in the coop so i figured that was why they weren't going in. well i turned it on and came back inside to warm up.

- the next time i went out at 7:00 PM. i was saying please please please let them be in . well guess what. they weren't. so i decided to throw my hot at them. (hmmmmm gee i wonder why they are afraid of me). well that was a very bad mistake. when i threw my hat at them 2 flew in the tree to the tip top. and the other one SHOT OFF LIKE A MISSILE. so i went after that one and then it flew up into a different tree then the other two.

- the next time i went out it was ten after seven. i looked out the window to see if they where in the tree and they werent so i said ok maybe there in. well it was also dark so i had to get my spot light out and i shined it over toward the coop and there they where. on the ground in the dark. well i was VERY VERY VERY angry by this time and i was thinking to myself i hope something gets them.( i know that sounds mean but thats what i was thinking.) so i went back in with the chicken coop door still open.

- well the fifth time twenty after seven i went out and they where still in the tree so i said oh well and went out and shut the door to the coop. so now they are up in the tree as we speak.

HERE ARE THE DUMB BIRD BRAINS:

100_5592.jpg

the red is arrows pointing too 4 guineas i think 4 anyway.
19733_guineas.jpg

1stCampTriptoPiattParkdryrun087.jpg

well hope you liked my guinea story. :B

Last edited:
OMG, I have had the same exact "entertainment" from my guinea's. DH swears the white ones are more stupid yet. Its snowing & blowing here, so I went out to shut the coop early. Two piebalds were on the fence and would not go in. The more they squacked the more idiots came running out (except for the chickens) One would think a mini blizzard would keep them inside...but NO.

My birds hate me too. I had to corner and throw a towel on a guinea once. It was sleeting out and she was huddled in a corner by the house, no where near the coop. I tried to herd her to the coop thinking if she saw it, she would go in. NO. Finally i got her covered and pounced on her, stupid thing pecked at me the whole way to the coop...and not one thank you for not allowing her to freeze to death.

If anyone can tame a guinea, I would like to know how! I have tried and even as keets they run like crazy. Maybe one day they will teach me patience, but I seriously doubt it

i have no idea. but i would love to know how to tame them. i will get some more pics in the morning of them. they are one of the dumbest animals in the world in my opinion. they pics are very hard to get. i got the first one about a week ago. I'm surprised it even came that close. ok ok ok i zoomed in alot on it but i will get some more pics of them. and write now as i am typing they are still outside in the tree. 7 degrees out also.

What do you expect with a head that tiny? The first guineas I ever saw freaked me out - their head is WAY too tiny to contain any kind of brain at all, methinks. When I first saw them as a kid I thought they were some seriously messed up, mutated chickens.

My folks got about 11 guineas to put in with their 75 leghorns (I don't know why). Some of theirs wouldn't come in at night and insisted on roosting on the lowest rail of the fence..."come and get me coyotes!" and the coyotes obeyed. I think they may still have one or two left...

(sorry guinea fans!)

Guineas and turkeys like to roost in trees. that is how it is..

My guineas sneak into the chicken coop whenever they can..

I provide shelter for the turkeys and guineas, but some of them still used the pine trees when it ws minus 20 degrees.. their choice..

guineas and chickens are SO not on the same wavelength... guineas think (rather, DON'T think) on a very primal level. There is NO logic, NO reasoning, and very little "learning" curve to them. They can be 2' from a fence opening, see their flock buddies on the other side of the fence, and will throw themselves repeatedly at said fence, attempting to eventually break through and somehow join their buddies. If you are fortunate enough to herd them toward the opening AND successful enough to get them to actually go THROUGH the opening, give yourself a hand. They are beautiful in a strange sort of way, entertaining to watch and listen to (within limits!), but in no way, shape, or form can they be considered "smart".
he.gif
hu.gif

yeah i hear you. they are beautiful in a weird sort of teradactal dinosaur kinda way. i love listening to them to a certain extent. well come to think of it since we live up onto of a HUGE hill they never sound any alarms unless we have the very UNUSUAL person drive by in the afternoons or me comming home from work but other than they they are awesome just VERY VERY VERY DUMB.

Back
Top Bottom